So, the question is why am i blogging at such a painstaking
and atrophying rate these past few months. there must be some reasons eh?
for one, life is going smoothly and pretty quickly, thereby
not letting me think up of any worthless matter-less matter to add to the mess
of the interconnected garbage spewing conglomeration. although, there are
train-loads of uncertainties abound, some about the present, some about the
immediate future, and some more about the time after that, those are being
recklessly pushed out of sight and imprisoned in dark places.
Okay, the blog has tremendously enjoyed its break. It
perfectly used its more than 5 months vacation to refresh and rejuvenate itself
and learn and imbibe techniques and procedures for using and incorporating more
and excess words and adjectives in its sentences and statements than necessary
or required. Anyhow, the blog is now back to its dreary life of just acting as
a medium for the rambling of its purposeless author.
So, did you zone out while reading the paragraph above? I
would have. I remember that until recently, I used to be a very keen listener
when carrying out one-to-one or group conversations, face-to-face or via phone
(ofcourse, I have always drifted off and slept in any kind of
talks/seminars/classes irrespective of how interesting it might be :D, and continue
to do so). I listened so well that not only did I comprehend well about what
was said, I would also notice the various grammatical/factual errors and
forcefully stop myself from interrupting and pointing them out.
But lately, over the past year, I find that I seem to
frequently zone out or drift away into my own thoughts while carrying out a
conversation with someone. However, the saving grace is that my face and
gestures do not betray this at all. Coming back into such conversations, I
realise that I had been pretending to listen- nodding at the appropriate times,
speaking the appropriate words, even occasionally asking an appropriate
question, while absolutely not remembering what was said. And find the speaker
continuing on his discourse oblivious to the mental absence of his/her
audience. It is as if an automated responder takes over me leaving my mind free
to wander. However, some drawbacks of this zoning out phenomenon are that I
wouldn't have much of an idea about what was said, (who knows it might have
even been interesting or useful) and I appear to be a poor conversationalist
(obviously, the 'hmm's and yeahs don't make the best responses all the time.)
And yeah, the above described habit of mine is limited to
voice conversations only, I still chat with all my vigour :P
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.