Why is it that most people I meet have such a vast understanding of society, and virtually no understanding of the individual? Is it that hard to understand what to say so that you don't disturb another person's peace of mind? It doesn't matter that no harm was meant, but we owe it to ourselves, as intelligent human being to act in ways that will cause least unease to others, while ensuring that we are being true to ourselves.
I've noticed that the strongest thought that strikes me while talking to someone, whenever it does happen during a conversation, stays till the end, and defines the conversation. There are a million distractions along the way, all adding to the joy of sharing, but disconnected. To me, good conversation is not the one during which you touch upon, sometimes discuss in detail, about the ideas and happenings, and in the end are left with nothing to take home.
Good conversations make me smile. I laugh a lot these days - as do so many people I see around me. It is a good thing - it lightens the heart and reminds one of the importance of ease and cheer. And then there is the smile that I don't see as often - one that draws from the intensity of the heart that is accompanied by a catch in the throat.
Good conversations make me want to write.
They almost always catch me criticising myself for not having a notebook and a
pencil, and at times that I feel that adventurous, even running to get them and
record thoughts that I think deserve to be jotted (with due credit to the
original thinker, of course). Then I'll say - I'm done recording for today, and
be told how it wouldn't be surprising if those were to be my last words. Good
conversations help me regain peace, stay connected to myself, and among other
things, finish incredibly discontinuous posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.